Company : Uganda Railways Corporation
Location : Plot 5, Nasser Road, Kampala Uganda.
Deadline: April 28,2014
procurement reference number: URC/Supls/2014/00049
1. The uganda railways corporation has allocated funds to be used for the acquisition of two (2) new station wagons.
2. The entity invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the provision of the above supplies.
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open domestic bidding method contained in the public procurement and disposal of public assets act 2003 and is open to all bidders.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the address given in no. 7(a) from 11:00am to 3:00pm
5. The bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below in No. 7(b) and upon a payment of a non refundable fee of UGX 50.000 or USD 20. The method of payment will be cash payable to the URC cashier at the CCE Building, URC Headquarters and then present the confirmation of payment to the procurement officer at the address indicated in No. 7(a) below to obtain the bid document.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below at 7(c ) at or before 3:00pm on Monday April 28, 2014. All bids must be accompanied by a bid securing declaration. Bid securities or bid securing declarations must be valid until September 18 2014. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address below in No. 7( d) at 3:15pm on Monday April 28, 2014.
7(a). Documents may be inspected at : Room No. 1, second floor, URC Headquarters Building, plot 5, Nasser Road, P.O. Box 7150, Kampala Uganda.
Attention procurement officer
Tel: 0312 219 100 fax: +256(0) 414-344-404
(b) Documents will be issued from: as indicated in No. 7(a) above.
(c ) bids must be delivered to : as indicated in NO. 7 (a) above.
(d) Address of Bid opening as indicated in No. 7(a)BUT, URC Conference room, 1st floor
Planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follows.
a. Publish bid notice March 27. 2014
b. Bid closing date April 28,2014 at 3:00pm
c. Evaluation process 5th may-26th may 2014
d. Display and communication of the best evaluated Bidder Notice 8th July 2014
e. Contract award and signature 19th August 2014