Company : Genius Hub
Deadline : 10th June 2018
Genius Hub is a human solutions firm that specializes in talent search and placement of highly skilled individuals. We are looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual for our client as an Internal Auditor.
- Continuously check whether the standard accounting procedures have been followed by the accountants in preparing the financial statements.
- Develop recommendations which have been agreed with management ensuring that the recommendations are realistic and achievable and cost effective and add value to the business
- Build positive working relationships with management teams to ensure mutual understanding of the role of internal audit and work with them on business process and internal control improvements
- Communicate with key external parties such as auditors and relevant agencies ·
- Performs other duties as assigned including ad hoc projects and special investigations as deemed appropriate by management.
- Liaise with the external auditors at all stages while they carry out the audit.
- Ensure the interest of the directors and stakeholders is protected and their expectations are met through regular communications.
- Evaluate the suppliers and cross check whether the customer requirements are fulfilled.
- Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what should be covered in audits
- Anticipate emerging issues through research and interviews and decide how best to deal with them
- Provide support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities
- Agree with relevant staff members on recommendations to make improvements on the operations of the business.
- Prepare reports to highlight issues and problems and distribute the reports to the directors.
- Assess how well the business is complying with rules and regulations and informing management of any issues that need addressing.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting and financeor any related field
- Proven working experience as an auditor or in a relevant field minimum of 2years
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and procedures
- Excellent Computer literacy in accounting packages and Microsoft applications
- High degree of integrity, strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Agree to uphold the Certified Internal Auditor Code of Ethics.