Company : GIZ
Location : Moroto,Karamoja
Deadline : 5th July 2018
Reports to: Head of Component, through Project Coordinator
Ref No. ENWASSKWR/0618
The Enhanced Water Security and Sanitation Programme (ENWASS), implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), aims at strengthening the institutional, managerial and implementation capacities of the institutions in the water and sanitation sector in Uganda with regard to climate change adaptation and sanitation. Component one of the ENWASS programme aims at supporting Climate sensitive Water Resources Management (IWRM) in Uganda. DFID, under its Karamoja Nutrition Programme (KNP), co-funds the ENWASS programme. The main goal of the interventions is to increase the climate resilience and operational sustainability of water and sanitation facilities in health centres in Karamoja. The project will be carried out in cooperation with the Ministry of Water and Environment and other partners. Activities include the planning and implementation of water source protection measures to increase the sustainability and climate resilience of these water supply systems, the enhancement of and capacity building for O & M structures and selected refurbishments of water and sanitation infrastructure in health centres. For our activities in Karamoja, we are looking for qualified and experienced individual for the following positions based in Moroto.
- Liaising and coordinating with all partners in the field (health centres, local governments, NGOs, implementing partners, UN organisations among others).
- Supporting in technical assessments for the protection of the water sources in health centres.
- Making suggestions for water source protection and assisting in the planning of the measures.
- Supporting the implementation of water source protection measures.
- Day-to-day supervising the implementation sites and implementers on behalf of the project coordinator including flagging of critical issues to the project coordinator.
- Supporting in the capacity building of involved stakeholders for sustainability.
- Supporting in reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Performing any other duties and tasks at the request of the project coordinator.
- Be prepared to travel frequently in the project region.
University degree (minimum Master’s degree) in relevant specialization and qualification (water resources expert, environmental expert, forester or equivalent).