Company : SHRHR Alliance Uganda
Location : Kampala
Deadline : 3rd Dec 2018
Reporting: National Programs Coordinator
Job Category: Part-time
The Sexual Reproductive Health Alliance (SRHR-Alliance) in Uganda is an Alliance of 9 partners namely: Straight Talk Foundation (STF); Restless Development (RD); National Forum of People Living with HIV/AIDS Networks in Uganda (NAFOPHANU); Reach a Hand Uganda (RAHU); Uganda Network of Young People Living with HIV/AIDS (UNYPA); Family Life Education Program (FLEP); Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU); Centre for Health, Human Rights and Development (CEHURD). The alliance mission is to improve knowledge on SRHR through awareness raising and Sexuality Education (SE) as well as increasing accessibility and quality of Youth Friendly Services.
The Alliance through the above 9 partners is currently implementing an SRHR programme entitled “Get Up Speak Out” (GUSO) in four Busoga region districts of Iganga, Bugiri, Mayuge and Jinja. The program is focused on ensuring provision of high quality Youth friendly services, Sexuality/ Health/ Life education, combating Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and creating an enabling environment at social, legal and policy levels.
In order to strengthen its online communication and advocacy, the Alliance seeks to recruit a part-time Social Media Communication Assistant who will be required to report to the NPC.
The primary role of the Social Media Communication Assistant is to provide communication support to SRHR Alliance Secretariat by ensuring functional online communication platforms for the alliance including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram among others. He/she will ensure the alliance online platforms are up-to-date with contents, engaging different stakeholders and creating visibility world over..
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Develop an engaging, creative, and innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, which enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages for SRHR Alliance social media platforms.
2. Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social media platforms”
3. Conduct online advocacy
4. Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns
5. Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review
6. Coordinate with the social media team members and other content creators, by overseeing their work and offering guidance or direction.
7. Where need arises, carry out live updating of some of the alliance social media platforms
8. Link the Aalliance social media platforms with that of its partners
9. Prepare monthly reports on the functionality of the alliance social media platform
10. Any other related duties assigned by the NPC
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or diploma in one of the following or related fields: Mass communication, development studies and Social Sciences from a recognized University or Tertiary Institutions. At least 1 years’ experience of working in the field of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights or health communication. Experience of working on the related social media communication roles in a MUST. Young people are particularly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills and Competencies
1. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
2. Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenario
3. Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
4. Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field
5. Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
6. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
7. Computer skills including internet usage is a MUST
8. Web Proficiency
Terms of Employment;
The position will be part-time with weekly visits to the secretariat
Duration of appointment: Six months with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance and availability of funds
The position is part-time and based in Kampala with regular upcountry travels
Interested Individuals may submit their application by hand delivery to the address provided below. The application should include;
1 page cover letter
2 page CV.
The application should be delivered in sealed envelope clearly labelled “Application for the position of Social Media Communication Assistant”
1.0 Submission address
Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Straight Talk Foundation
Plot 4 Acacia Avenue , Kololo