· 600g-boneless chicken
· 1 teaspoon of chicken masala
· 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
· 1 teaspoon-cuminin powder
· Tomato grips
· Onion strips
· Green paper
· Heat the oil, add onions, tomatoes, green pepper and deep fry
· Add chicken cubes and spices
· Stir and mix with steamed boiled rice
Get it ready ;
· 200g of fresh duck breast with skin
· A pinch of salt
· A pinch of white pepper
· 250ml of fresh orange juice
· 10gm of orange rind
· 10gm of chicken stuck
· A pinch of sugar
· Grill or toast at 180o C, for 12 minutes
· When ready slice as desired and serve
· To prepare the sauce, put the orange juice in a pan
· Add chicken stock and whisk until properly mixed
· Add sugar and orange rind and simmer for 5 minute until sauce is thickened
· Put the grilled duck breast and potato croquettes on a plate.
· Add sauce and garnish with tomato and English cucumber.
taste stewed chicken today !
Things You'll Need
3 to 5 lbs chicken, any cuts of the bird you choose
• 2 cups diced tomatoes (can be canned)
• 4 green onions
• 2 cups thinly sliced onions (about one medium onion)
• 1/4 lemon juice
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 3 tbsp. curry powder
• 3 tbsp. cumin, ground
• 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
• 2 tbsp. onion powder
• 2 tbsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 4 tbsp. brown sugar, honey or agave nectar
• Salt and pepper
• rice, noodles, or potatoes for serving
1.Stir together the lemon juice, green onions, tomatoes, ketchup, vinegar, herbs, and spices, except for the salt and pepper. Pour this marinade over the chicken and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least eight hours.
2.Add olive oil and brown sugar (or honey) to a heavy pot and stir until dissolved, over medium heat. Take the chicken out of the marinade and brown it in the oil for three to four minutes on all sides. Reduce heat, and place the chicken in the pot if it isn't in there already, and pour the marinade over everything. (You can also place everything into a slow cooker.) Because you're cooking the marinade thoroughly, don't worry about stewing the chicken in this mixture.
3.Cook for 90 minutes on low if on the stove or four hours on low if in a slow cooker.
4.Serve over potatoes (mashed or whole), rice, or noodles, and be sure to use the sauce liberally.
In Uganda there are lots of tropical fruits to eat which include mangoes, paw paws, oranges, tangerines, avocados, jack fruits, lemons, sweet banana (some types of which are used to brew banana wine laced with sorghum for yeast), sugar cane, various types of berries both localised and wild, guava, pineapples.